Objectives of Working Women Welfare Trust
WWWT'S concerted efforts are directed towards enhancement in the quality of life and wellbeing of women working in diverse capacities across the board. We deliver skills, knowledge as well as services, furnishing diverse programs to address social, economic, technical issues and challenges that affect our working ladies and therefore impact family and social dynamics.
The key points serving as guidance to our goals are:
1. Raise awareness about workload on working women;
Women face a double burden of domestic work and jobs and triple burden of childcare (elderly care of family), domestic work and jobs. Highlight the need to propose and promote alternative work options for legislation to ease competing pressures of professional and family obligations and enable working women to manage a balance in their twofold responsibilities. Example flexible working hours and working from home and other options.
2. To facilitate working women as the multiplied workload on her is damaging to her physical and psychological health.
3. To help working women in provision of more convenient working conditions.
4. Maximize job opportunities for professional women who have the skill and potential, but are unable to work for lack of proper facilities (e.g. child care, flexi time, transport etc.). Not to deprive society of the available valuable and qualified human resource (women resource).
6. To mobilise civil society and think tank and pressurise the government for legal enactment of women friendly and family friendly laws for female workforce and implementation of these laws.
7. To precede the real strategic and structural changes in the system needed for the welfare of female workforce.
8. To empower working women by providing them a platform of collaborated efforts.
9. Compensate working women for their contribution to society. Bring about a healthy and positive change in working women's life which ultimately leads to prosperity of the whole society.
10. To compile all stakeholders recommendations.